We need volunteers!
If you would like to know how you can help, Contact our new President, Ruth Davis at;
Southern York County Pantry is a volunteer driven organization. Whether you are a student, retiree, or looking for a volunteer commitment, volunteers of any age (volunteers 10 and under will need adult supervision) can help in a number of ways, including:
- Assisting clients during shopping hours
- Tuesdays 09:30-11:30am
- Thursdays 01:30-03:30pm
- Assist in stocking the pantry.
- Assist in packing groceries
- Assist in off-loading deliveries.
- Pick up food donations from local businesses.
- Help in harvesting produce from local farms
- Deliver to those clients who cannot pick up food
- Answer the Pantry phone/schedule deliveries or pick ups
Community Food Drives
Southern York County Pantry welcomes the opportunity to work with a wide variety of community organizations to help us fight hunger. Food that is collected at your food drive is sorted in our Southern York County Pantry Center and becomes available to hungry families in the local community. Our volunteers repack all of our non-perishable donations so that we can quickly and easily distribute a wide assortment of food to the community.
Faith groups, community centers, scouting troops and individuals have all coordinated food drives that have benefited those in need in the Southern York County and we look forward to working with you! If you are interested hosting a food drive, please use the contact form to let us know, and we will be happy to assist you or give you some ideas.